This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Family, friends and food… that’s what December is all about for me. If I am being completely honest, the food may be my favorite part. I love creating yummy, easy dishes for holiday get-togethers that my loved ones can enjoy! I have been a long-time fan of 7 layer dip, and have made a few different versions over the years.
A couple weeks ago, I was thinking… what if I could pack all of the goodness of 7 layer dip into a tortilla, and make it into a 7 layer dip bowl? That would be amazing!
Turns out, I was right! These are amazing! here is how I did it.
7 Layer Dip Bowls
I took a 6″ flour tortilla, spooned in a tablespoon of Rosarita refried beans, followed by a tablespoon of ground beef cooked with Hunts petite diced tomatoes, followed by a heaping spoonful of RO*TEL diced tomatoes and green chilies. I then sprinkled on some sliced black olives, topped it with shredded cheese, folded the tortilla on top, and secured I with toothpicks. I baked the 7 layer dip bowls for 12 minutes, and out came a bowl of amazingness!
These bowls are a wonderful combination of creaminess, saltiness, and a touch of spicy. If you want to impress your party-goers this holiday season, without a whole lot of effort, this is the way to go!
In order to save precious time (and money), without sacrificing flavor, I subbed in some ConAgra canned ingredients. I used Hunt’s diced tomatoes, RO*TEL diced tomatoes and green chilies, and Rosarita refried beans.
To stay within my holiday budget, I bought all of my ingredients for this 7 layer dip bowls at Walmart. They have everything I need, in one place, which makes my holiday shopping easy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 14.5 oz can Hunts petite diced tomatoes
- 12 flour tortillas (6" in diameter)
- 16 oz Rosarita traditional refried beans
- 8 oz RO*TEL diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 cup diced black olives
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Avocados
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 12 muffin tins with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Brown ground beef with Hunts petite diced tomatoes, until cooked through.
- Tuck flour tortillas into muffin tins. Spoon in a tablespoon each of beans, cooked ground beef, and RO*TEL. Sprinkle in a few diced black olives, then top with shredded cheese. Fold tortilla onto the top, and secure with 2 or 3 toothpicks.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 - 15 minutes, or until tortilla is starting to brown.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and a slice of fresh avocado.
Like this recipe? Find more holiday recipes on Yes You Can Recipes!
Do you love 7 layer dip? What is your favorite Holiday recipe?